Job Start Date:07/01/2018Type of Position:Engineering
Number of Openings:1
Job Location & Contact:
330 Fellowship Road
3rd FloorMt. Laurel
Job Description:As a senior staff professional within the American Water Military Services Group Engineering function, this position is responsible for the development and management of engineering projects or assignments in the field of water resources management. This includes all aspects of public water supply systems and wastewater collection & treatment systems including asset management, capital planning, engineering design, project and construction management, business development, and issues relating to operations & maintenance. Projects or assignments fall within the following general categories:
1. Asset/Capital Planning - water/wastewater system planning and analysis in order to recommend projects or other approaches to address system needs. Develop and administer capital budgets (detailed annual plan & 5 year forecast) including selection and prioritization of projects or programs that best meet identified needs. System analysis efforts range from hydraulic modeling and capacity determinations/recommendations to topic specific or comprehensive system master planning in any or all of the following areas: source of supply, treatment, residuals handling, storage, pumping, water distribution, wastewater collection, automation & controls, regionalization, regulatory compliance, operational reliability and efficiency.
2. Project Delivery - Managing all activities concerned with the delivery of multiple capital investment projects from inception to completion. This includes project budgeting and administration within an established capital investment management process, management or self performance of project delivery tasks including preliminary engineering, detailed design, permitting, procurement, construction management, field inspection, testing, turnover and project closeout.
3. Technical Services – Developing and implementing technical standards applicable to the asset base of American Water. Serve as a technical expert and resource in area of engineering discipline. Support project delivery efforts through interpreting and determining asset & operational requirements, organizing and executing detailed engineering design tasks, administering project specific permitting tasks, providing technical support and operator training during construction & commissioning. Assignments include self performed design and engineering analysis tasks & management of external consulting engineers performing similar tasks.
4. Operations & Maintenance Support - Engineering studies and/or troubleshooting related to water/wastewater operations and maintenance concerns, project or program management for maintenance of engineered assets (storage tanks, reservoirs, dams, etc.) or event management support related to unplanned occurrences (droughts, storms, floods, power outage, asset failures, etc.).
5. Business Development – Working as part of a business development team, assist in the pursuit of new business and growth opportunities. Tasks include performing due diligence, preparation of technical and cost proposals, and execution of engineering services for successful proposals.
Experience Required:• Engineering experience in water and wastewater industry. 7 to 10 years minimum experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Environmental or Mechanical or related field. Master’s degree or advanced study in field of specialty preferred.
How to Apply:To view the full job description and apply directly online: https://tinyurl.com/y9sbhoph
Application Deadline:Jan 01, 1900